The Price Is For 2 PAX In A Private Group
Pick you up at your hotel in Beijing at 8:00 am and drive to Mutianyu (1.5 hrs). You will start the hiking around 9:30, and it will take about 3 hours up and down. A lunch at a local restaurant will be organized after the hiking before returning your hotel around 4:00 pm.
--Great Wall at Mutianyu: used to serve as the northern barrier defending the capital and imperial tombs in the Ming Dynasty (1368-1644). This section is surrounded by woodland and streams. It is less crowded than Badaling section and busy than Simatai and Jinshanling. It’s easy to access by 45 miles away from Beijing. The trip will finish 16 densely placed towers with a total length of 2.5 km.
Mutianyu offers a wonderfully satisfying experience of the Wall. It has superb scenery, dense vegetation and many fine watchtowers in an excellent restored section which is about six meters broad. The brickwork is elaborate, with crenellations on both sides and finely curved eaves on some watch-tower roofs. There are decorative gables with animal statues, and tablets bearing calligraphy above some entrances.
There are 22 towers on the wall. The western section is more steep and straight upward, so please take a breath when doing the hiking.
1. air-con vehicle with experienced driver
2. Private English-speaking hiking tour guide
3. Entrance fees to Great Wall
4. Unlimited bottled water; snacks; lunch in a local restaurant
5. a certificate of completion for hiking on the Great Wall of China
1. travel insurance
2. Cable car/toboggan (slide way) at Mutianyu
3. Personal expenses
4. tipping to hiking guide/driver recommended on good service on a 2:1 ratio separately
Physical rating: ★★☆☆☆
Departure: Daily from Beijing, all year round.
Price: price is inapplicable during the May Labor's Day (1st -3th May), Chinese National Day (1st - 7th Oct), Chinese Spring Festival and big events.
What to take: comfortable shoes or boots, water, snacks, sunscreen, sun-glasses, pocket knife, first aid kit, lip balm, cap
1. There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Mutianyu. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
2. Please don’t make any appointment after the trip as the return depending on the traffic between 3-4 pm.
3. Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van today, and you need a day pack to carry them.
4. We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
5. Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travelers. It is encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
6. As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.