This Private Tour Guranteed Departures Based on ≥2 Pax
You tour guide and driver will meet you at your hotel lobby in the morning, you will be driven to Miyun County, where is 120 km away from Beijing downtown and takes 2 hours’ driving. After check in in a local guest house and then visit Gubei Water Town, leisure for the rest of the day by youself.
Accommodation: Guest Hose in Gubei Water Town (there are 4-5 star hotels and resorts in Gubei Water Town, if you need, please contact us.)
--Gubei Water Town:
It is a resort locate in Miyun county, about 120 km to downtown Beijing. Near the most difficult part (to climb) of Great Wall - Simatai, and facing a beautiful lake - Yuanyang Lake.
Gubei Water Town developed around a castle which is for the army guarding the Great Wall, in the town, you will stay in local guest house, visiting the castle, Yongshun Dye-works, Zhenyuan Escort Agency, Club House of Baqi and Sima (Chinese) Distillate Spirits workshop; or just walk around in the town and shopping streets.
And you could see the Simatai Great Wall on the streets in the town.
Enjoy breakfast and check out for Simatai Great Wall. You will hike alone the steep hills to Xiannv Tower and Wangjing Tower where is the best location to see panoramic view to Beijing city. After lunch, free by your own exploration until be transferred back to your downtown hotel. Service ends !
Meals: Breakfast, Lunch
--Simatai Great Wall:
The only on section of Great Wall keep the shape and condition as in Ming Dynasty (1368 - 1644 AD). Simatai Great Wall was built on dangerous mountains and peaks over 1,000 altitudes; and there are 20 watchtowers on this section. from Wangjing watchtower, you could look into the distance of Beijing Downtown.
The highest peak is Xiannvlou watchtower, and here is the amazing one-sided Great Wall. If you want to get Xiannvlou, you should climb a "ladder" which is more than 100 meters, and the gradient is 85 degrees. When you get the Xiannvlou, watch the cliff under your feets and continual Simatai section to Jinshanling section of Great wall, you will feel like you are on the back of a Chinese Loong (Chinese dragon).
1. Entrance tickets to Gubei Water Town and Simatai Great Wall
2. Meals indicated in the itinerary
3. Private tour guide, driver and vehicle from downtown Beijing to Gubei Water Town.
4. Accommodation in Gubei Town
5. Tour arrangement
1. Meals don’t listed
2. Hotel in Beijing downtown
3. Personal expenses4. Other expenses do not list in the itinerary.
Physical rating: ★★★☆☆
Departure: Daily from Beijing, all year round
Price: price is inapplicable during the May Labor's Day (1st -3th May), Chinese National Day (1st - 7th Oct), Chinese Spring Festival and big events.
What to take: comfortable shoes or boots, water, snacks, sunscreen, sun-glasses, stick, pocket knife, first aid kit, lip balm, cap.
1. There is no toilet along the path on the Wall. There are toilets at the entrance of Jiankou and Mutianyu. Please prepare before hiking and always carry toilet paper by yourself.
2. Please don’t make any appointment after the trip as the return depending on the traffic between 5-6 pm.
3. Unlimited bottled waters are stored in our car/van today, and you need a day pack to carry them.
4. We will bring trekking poles in our car/van and please tell your guide if you need one.
5. Since this trip will go through jungles and bushes, then shorts are not recommended in summer time.
6. Travel insurance is optional and is the sole responsibility of travellers. It is strongly encouraged to have coverage of injury or accident.
7. As responsible travelers, we “take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprint”.