1. By bus: take direct distance bus in North Minzu Road (operating time:7:30 am - 9:00 pm); or take long distrance bus from Jinghong to Mengla in Xishuangbanna Bus Station and get off in Olive Basin (Ganlanba in Chinese. You should tell your bus driver in advance you will get off in Ganlanba.); or rent a car from downtown Jinghong to Ganlanba.
2. By cruise: take cruise in Jiangbian Dock in downtown Jinghong, downstream to Olive Basin, it will take you about 2-3 hours on the cruise.
1. Best season to visit: Oct. - next Jun.
2. You could take 4-5 hours for a day trip, or stay overnight here in local Dai family inn.
3. Dai Style BBQ Fish and Chicken is the feature food you should not miss.
The gate of Olive Basin (Ganlanba)
Pretty Dai Minority House decoration
A Dai Family Inn, tropical Dai Stilted House
In every Dai village, you will see a buddha temple, so in Olive Basin
A buddha pagoda is another architecture you could see in ever Dai village
Walking in the peaceful village
There are lots of tourists here, but you could find your own peace here, it is so large.
The happiness Water-Sprinkling Festival Square
Before water sprinkling, there is a show about the history of this Dai traditional festival
Local culture performence in the theater
Sometime, you could see local Dai people practise in front of there house